About Carrying Water Project
The Spirit of Water (“Mizu no Megumin”)
Ever since the dinosaur age,I’ve been the “Spirit of Water” running around Ono (no-one knows if I’m a girl or a boy)
I live in a cute little house with a pointed roof, like a mountain, and carry water around Ono.
Legend has it that when the “Spirit of Water” is in town, lovely water wells up plentifully, and the town is blessed with water.
You can’t do without “Mizu no Megumin”, always watching over everything
-agriculture, industry, and the people of Ono’s daily lives.
“Mizu no Megumin” is too shy to appear in public, but it will come to the “Winter Story” this year to meet us for the first time.
- Favorite food:
- soba (Japanese buckwheat noodle), taro, and Decchi Yokan (Japanese sweets)
- Favorite drink:
- coffee made with delicious water.
- Special skills:
- laundry, making vegetables sweet in winter
- Favorite places:
- Mt.Arashima(Arashimadake), on the roof of my house in winter, and a place with Oshozu(spring water)
- kind, pure and obedient, but a little too easily influenced by its surroundings.